Inter-parochial laity meeting of central Mexico
The meeting was convoked by Friar Oscar Castellanos, pastor of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe de Hospitales and coordinator of the ministerial apostolate of the Vicariate of Mexico-Costa Rica, who opened and presented the meeting. The basic theme was the presentation of the IPAR (Pastoral itinerary of Augustinian-Recollect), of the new pastoral lines that are suggested in the documents and speeches of the Pope and the new pastoral project of the Archdiocese of Mexico.
At another time, the Vicar of Mexico-Costa Rica explained the preparation of the IPAR and the various ways in which it is being applied in some parish communities. He also shared the activities of ARCORES Mexico and the participation of the parishes in the social pastoral hand in hand with ARCORES Mexico.
This presentation was followed by work in groups, in which the IPAR was reread, questions were asked about the work being done in the parishes, the concrete challenges that the communities are living and the proposals to do a renewed work according to the dynamics of the new evangelization. Subsequently, there was a sharing in which each of the groups presented comments and suggestions. From the meeting several points were highlighted:
- A need for renewal of pastoral techniques,
- To improve the integration of youth groups and young people in general in the pastoral work of the Parish,
- Move from a pastoral group to a pastoral ministerial,
- Teamwork between religious and laity,
- Change of attitude on the part of the religious towards the work of the laity,
- Communion between the different ministries of the Augustinian Recollects,
- fostering the charismatic dimension in the work of pastoral ministries...
The day ended with several news from the Agustino-Recoleta Spirituality Center -CEAR- of Mexico City inviting to the different activities that will take place in the first semester of 2019 for the parish communities of Mexico City downtown area and in the Casa of the Recollection in Cuernavaca. Afterwards, Avante's Augustinian Recollects community offered a lunch to the participants.